Building on the Coalition’s work in support of economic recovery funding for watershed security (which resulted in $27 million invested in watershed projects across the province), the BC Watershed Security Coalition will bring its collective voice on two priorities articulated in provincial government mandate letters: 1) a BC Watershed Security Strategy, and 2) a BC Watershed Security Fund. The Coalition will engage in constructive and solutions-oriented dialogue with the Province to:
6. Implement the Water Sustainability Act in partnership with First Nations.
7. Establish a First Nations-BC government process to address watershed security issues.
8. Under BC’s Climate Adaptation Strategy implement nature-based solutions and green infrastructure for Flood & Drought Mitigation.
9. Implement the Auditor General’s recommendations on Source Drinking Water Protection.
10. Appoint a new Provincial Water Security Officer.